UPDATED: JULY 17, 2017
What you need to know about Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster
In 2003, the Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster class action lawsuit alleged that Ticketmaster did not fully disclose all aspects of its UPS and order processing fees to consumers. While vigorously defending the lawsuit, Ticketmaster settled the case in 2013 by agreeing to issue ticket vouchers and discount codes to class members, which allows class members to receive discounts for future ticket purchases and/or receive discounts on future UPS ticket deliveries.
The settlement class generally includes all consumers who purchased tickets on Ticketmaster.com between the period of October 21, 1999 and February 27, 2013. To find out if you are a class member and qualify for a ticket voucher and/or discount code, please contact the litigation administrator at http://bit.ly/claims_administrator.
As part of the Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster settlement, Ticketmaster agreed to provide:
- One discount code worth $2.25 for every purchase made on Ticketmaster.com during the class period, up to a maximum of 17 credits per person. These codes can be applied toward future primary ticket purchases on Ticketmaster.com for events in the United States. Each discount code is valid for a single, one-time use with unused discount codes remaining active until June of 2020. Redeem Discount Codes on Ticketmaster.com.
- One $5 UPS delivery credit/discount code per eligible transaction made on Ticketmaster.com during the class period, up to a maximum of 17 credits per person. UPS discount codes may be applied toward a future ticket purchase with UPS delivery on Ticketmaster.com for events in the United States. Redeem Discount Codes on Ticketmaster.com.
- One ticket voucher for every purchase made on Ticketmaster.com during the class period, up to 17 vouchers per person. Each ticket voucher may potentially be redeemed for two (2) general admission tickets for eligible events at Live Nation owned or operated venues within the United States. Each ticket voucher is valid for a single, one-time use and tickets are subject to availability to class members on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be aware that due to high demand and limited availability, we expect these tickets to be redeemed quickly.
If you are a class member in possession of ticket vouchers as part of the settlement, please visit http://settlement.livenation.com for an updated list of eligible events. To view your ticket vouchers, please visit your Ticketmaster account here and check under “Active Vouchers”. Please note that your Live Nation login and password is the same as your Ticketmaster login and password.
Some important things to remember when redeeming your ticket vouchers:
- Only one ticket voucher can be used per transaction
- A maximum of two ticket vouchers (total of 4 tickets) can be used for any one event
- Ticket vouchers are non-transferable
- Ticket Vouchers can only be redeemed on listed events accessed directly through http://settlement.livenation.com
- All accessible seating needs will be appropriately accommodated at the venue.
For more information about Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions available here: https://insider.ticketmaster.com/frequently-asked-questions-schlesinger-v-ticketmaster.