Los Angeles lit up even more than usual as Live Nation Productions’ forthcoming feature film, A Star Is Born, staged its U.S. premiere at the Shrine Auditorium on September 24th, prior to its nationwide debut on October 5th. Catch our exclusive highlights from the Red Carpet featuring star and director Bradley Cooper, and co-stars Lady Gaga, Sam Elliott, Andrew Dice Clay, and Anthony Ramos as they reflect on their magical experiences making this movie.
Ticketmaster also had the pleasure of surprising two of Lady Gaga’s biggest fans and their guests to experience this special evening among their idol and her co-stars. Meet Mark and Andrew, and check out their adventures on the Red Carpet with even more highlights from the night below.
- Hometown: Perris, CA
- First Encounter with Lady Gaga: The 2009 VMAs
- Favorite Lady Gaga Live Moment: “The Joanne tour, and also seeing her on TV on RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 9.”
- Most Meaningful Lady Gaga Material: “There’s many reasons why I love Lady Gaga – her self-expression, fashion, [impact on] pop culture… ‘Born This Way’ is a song I can relate to because myself, I’m a proud out gay man. ‘Bad Romance’ is my song to jam out to wherever I’m at. The song ‘Joanne’ touches my heart – how she speaks about her aunt – because in 2017, I sadly lost my dad to cancer. Hearing the lyrics ‘Heaven’s not ready for you / Every part of my aching heart / Needs you more than the angels do…’ always gets to me.”
- Favorite Lady Gaga Look: “ALL!”
- On Lady Gaga as the Lead Actress in A Star Is Born: “Haven’t seen earlier versions of A Star Is Born, but I know that Gaga will make it amazing. She is Oscar-worthy and she deserves it. Being the first to see A Star Is Born is an amazing opportunity to receive – already being a huge fan, this just makes me love her way more.”
- Hometown: Tulare, CA
- First Encounter with Lady Gaga: 2008
- Favorite Lady Gaga Live Moment: “Going to the artRAVE and experiencing something phenomenal.”
- Most Meaningful Lady Gaga Material: “The Fame Monster is more than just an album for me – it was the antidote that kept me from destroying myself… I was in a very dark place. The more and more I listened to The Fame Monster and paid attention to Lady Gaga’s messages, the more I started to accept and learn to love myself. I found my freedom in Mother Monster’s music when she said, ‘Even if the whole world turns their back on you, you’ll always have yourself. ARTPOP is my favorite album… it leaves me feeling happy, liberated, and like I had a ton of fun dancing in my car or around the house!”
- Favorite Lady Gaga Look: “I loved when she wore The Living Dress during her performance of ‘So Happy I Could Die’ at The Monster Ball 2.0 – the dress was inspired by designer Hussein Chalayan, and built by Vinilla Burnham for the Haus of Gaga in 2010.
- On Lady Gaga as the Lead Actress in A Star Is Born: “I have watched the earlier version starring Judy Garland, and I think she will be just as amazing as Judy Garland and Barbra Streisand. I am proud of Gaga and her hard work, and thrilled and grateful to be one of the first to see A Star Is Born.”
A Star Is Born hits a theater near you on October 5th – the same day the soundtrack is available to hit your ears, too. Be sure to preview Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s first big song from the film in the meantime.
Lady Gaga • Upcoming Dates