We released a U.S. study on live event attendance trends in 2014. While conducting the study, we found that one out of four adults attended a sports game last year. We also saw that one in five adults attended a concert last year. The average person attended 5.3 live events a year. You all are rocking it!
One of the more interesting discoveries of the study was understanding where YOU are buying your tickets for concerts, sports, and other events.
- 44% of you bought tickets online
Ticketmaster has recently released a Ticket Countdown Clock to help you find the tickets you want.
- 26% of you bought tickets at other sources such as a mobile app
(Don’t have the Ticketmaster Mobile App? Get it today.)
- 20% of you bought tickets at a physical box office
- 4% of you bought season tickets or plans
- 3% of you bought tickets at a ticket outlet center or retail location
- 3% of you bought tickets over the phone
(Looking for your nearest outlet center or retail location? Find out where you can buy tickets nearby.)
Check out more live event attendance trends from 2014 in the nifty infographic below.
You can find the full 2014 Live Event Attendance Study here.